If you have Energy Efficient Windows, it’s tempting to believe that you no longer have to worry about air conditioner maintenance. After learning about all the ways these windows save you money, shouldn’t it be time to just enjoy your cool, energy-efficient home? It’s not quite so simple. As a matter of fact, Energy Efficient Windows are just one component of keeping your home comfortable and your energy bills down.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows
There are some good reasons to install Energy Efficient Windows in your home.
- Reduce energy costs. By providing superior insulation and stopping air leaks, energy efficient windows help you keep heating and A/C costs down.
- Greater comfort. You’ll enjoy a more consistent room temperature, without hot or cold spots due to gaps and leaks.
- Environmentally-friendly. These windows are good for the environment as they help everyone conserve energy.
- Keep your room well-lit. Energy Efficient Windows don’t require tinting so you can keep your rooms bright and cool at the same time.
- Better for your home and everything in it. By blocking UV rays, Energy Efficient Windows protect your furniture and other belongings from sun damage.
These are some of the reasons that Energy Efficient Windows are a smart addition to your home. At the same time, don’t make the mistake of over-relying on them. You still need to take good care of your air conditioning unit!
Why You Still Need to Maintain Your A/C Unit
Energy Efficient Windows definitely ease the load on your A/C. Nonetheless, if you want to maximize energy efficiency and comfort you should make sure your A/C is running as smoothly as possible.
- When it’s hot out, your A/C unit is the source of cool air circulating in your home. Energy Efficient Windows play an important role as they prevent leakage and maintain a consistent temperature. However, you still need your A/C to generate that cool air.
- A/C improves air quality. Air conditioning not only keeps you cool, it also removes dust and other impurities from the air. In order to keep your air quality high, it’s essential to replace your a/c filter regularly, according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Be healthier and more productive. If it’s too hot in your home, you, your family and even pets can suffer from heat stroke and other ailments. Cooling off keeps you healthier, in better spirits and improves your sleep.
- Save more money on energy bills. While Energy Efficient Windows help reduce your power bills, maintaining your A/C helps you save even more. Keeping your unit in top condition also prolongs the life of parts and makes it less likely that you’ll require expensive emergency repairs.
Keeping your house cool in the hot weather is important for your health and comfort. At the same time, you want to keep your energy bills as low as possible. Both Energy Efficient Windows and your A/C play crucial roles in maximizing comfort and energy efficiency.